One night this past summer, on the way home from the beach, Ellie suddenly became delirious or something and started pretending she was hosting her own TV show. Now, before I finish this story, I should mention that when my mom was a little girl, her (normally very quiet and gruff) dad once started acting silly on a car trip, pretending to make an orange juice commercial for no apparent reason, and it turned out they were being poisoned by carbon monoxide leaking into the car. True story. But, in Ellie's case, she was exhausted and overstimulated, plus full of her usual silliness, so we're pretty sure no toxic fumes were involved.
Anyway, she was reading the parking ticket from the beach, which had symbols in circles with lines through them to represent "no campfires," "no alcohol" (which she read as "no smoothies"), etc. and then added, "Because those are dangerous things." And then all of a sudden, her show was born:
"Hi, this is Ellie and welcome to Dangerous Things. Today we're talking about..." and then she proceeded to describe all the dangerous things you shouldn't do at the beach. She finished with, "That's all for this time. Tune in next time for more Dangerous Things." Bear, Bittle, Keira, and I were all hysterical--in fact, Bear had a hard time not driving us right off the freeway, he was laughing so hard--but Ellie barely even noticed.
Since then, "Dangerous Things" has been a running joke, and yesterday at the dinner table, Keira decided to start her own show: "Difficult Things." She asked me to take video of her first episode, which I'll warn you is about 90% giggling and 10% show:
I'm not sure why she thinks a hammer and nails are required to change a tire, but since I've never actually changed one myself, I guess I can agree that it might, in fact, be a Difficult Thing. She told me in the car today that her next episode might be about chopping down trees, but she hasn't decided for sure yet.
Tune in next time for another episode of "OMG, My Kids Are Weird."
Silas made me watch this over and over again! So silly!
ReplyDelete