Here's Keira's gigantic playroom, which is supposed to be the formal living/dining room. Greg's mom refers to it as the bowling alley, and his sister calls it the Swing Set Room! Maybe we'll get a nice dining table someday, but for now, it's much more useful like this. We're going to paint it green, when we get a chance. (Note: this photo is taken so as to hide the pile of 1,567 empty cardboard boxes behind where I'm standing. It's shameful.)
This is how the living room looks right now, pending a new, dark-brown couch and some more wall art:
I had Keira's room looking super-cute with the wall border and all...and then she woke up the next morning and decided, "You know what, Mom? I've been awake for 10 minutes and you're still on your exercise bike. I will make you pay." Literally. That roll of wall border cost me $30 and about 45 minutes to put up, and I had to take it all back down again. That'll teach me to put stuff within her reach! Here's a photo of the damage...fortunately for her, it's really hard to be angry at someone who's 2 feet tall and sporting pigtails. Try it sometime.
See...could you be angry at this?
Here's Keira making fruit bars (according to her) on the back porch, using only a bowl of water and a plastic fork. Beat that, David Blaine!
This is, in my opinion, the Hulk of grasshoppers, and was on our back patio yesterday. He is not nearly as attractive as Edward Norton, the new "human" Hulk!
Your house is really coming along! I love Keira's playroom! Sorry to hear about the border fiasco...I know how much work those things are, maybe you can still patch it somehow. :-)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I am cracking up at what she did to that poor border! That is exactly something Eliza would have done. How frustrating, but you are right - how can you be angry at that adorable face! :)
ReplyDelete