Luckily, we have Keira around to help us pack:

Oh, I have to brag about Keira's newest words: she has FINALLY said "Mommy" and "Daddy" instead of "Mom-Mom" and "Dadat"! She doesn't use them unless we request it, but that's progress, anyway. Greg has also become the Mr. Miyagi to her Karate Kid of Cuteness (Kuteness?) and taught her to say "adorable" ("a-DOH-BO!"), which is her first 3-syllable word and, let's face it, pretty adorable. She also says "chicken" and "tickle," both of which sound exactly the same. I predict it will be about 2.5 more days before she is officially sick of me asking her to say those two words and completely blows me off.
My daughter has the ear of a monkey and, apparently, the memory of an elephant. The other day, we took Keira for a walk and went past the restaurant where we all met Dave for dinner several weeks ago. She kept pointing to it and saying, "Dave? Dave?" which I find totally amazing--she must get that from Greg, because Mommy can barely remember her own age or where she parked her car at the mall.
As of tomorrow night, assuming I get this wretched paper finished (well, first, started....THEN finished), I will officially be halfway done with my masters program. Yippee! Here's Keira being stoked for me:
Congratulations on becoming nearly homeowners!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the new house pictures after the changes you've made!
Yeah! Congrats on the exciting move. It will all work out! You seem very organized and prepared so I bet Saturday will be a smooth move for you! I also can't wait to see pictures.
ReplyDeleteI love that picture of Keira (at a restaurant?). She is too cute w/ those bright blue eyes.
I didn't know you were going through a Masters program! That's great! Good luck with your paper...and your move! What fun, yet I don't envy the actual moving part...I know what a "joy" that is. :-) But don't worry, once you're done, you'll be done for a long long time.
ReplyDelete