Here are all of our photos so far...
August 14, 2004 (at the wedding, obviously!):

August 2005:

August 2006 (pregnant with Keira):

August 2007 (w/ 10-month-old Keira):

August 2008 (with 22-month-old Keira):

Although I look dweebalicious in every single one since the wedding, it's a cute tradition that we plan to keep up for as long as we can.

August 2008 (with 22-month-old Keira):
Although I look dweebalicious in every single one since the wedding, it's a cute tradition that we plan to keep up for as long as we can.
And while I'm on the subject of marriage and The Bears, can I just give you one example of why I'm so glad I married this boy? I mean, besides the fact that he's practically perfect in every way? Here's a snippet of Life With Bear:
(Febreeze commercial comes on, advertising "New Finer Mist!")
Bear, in his quiet, deadpan fashion: "Oh, thank God. That's what's been keeping me from buying it for all these years...had you seen the SIZE of those droplets before? Obscene. I'd rather have a stinky house than use such a coarse mist! But now...now...the wait is over."
Me: "Um...do you want any mac & cheese?"
Bear: "No. Not now. I'm too excited about the Febreze. Did you hear the part about the mist?"
And then, of course, there was the part of our road trip that almost made me drive off the road, because I was laughing so hard...we drove past a street called Le Grand, and he says:
"Let's live on Le Grand. We could drive a Le Mans...and have a sign outside that says 'Le Bears.'"
[Pause, then wistfully and still totally deadpan...]
"We would be Le Sh*t."
Perhaps these are "you had to be there" moments, but suffice it to say the man makes me laugh. And laugh.
Happy Anniversary, Bear!
I love this tradition! I just wish I had thought of it 5 years ago. Your husband is hilarious too. Totally not "you had to be there" moments!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great tradition! I'm so jealous; I never think of neat stuff like this.
ReplyDelete