
In every couple, there's the one who falls asleep within five seconds of laying down, and the one who tries not to hate him/her for it. I may not be able to run fast or cook gourmet meals, but I have always been an excellent sleeper...until now. For whatever reason, I suddenly find myself awake at around 1 or 2 a.m. and unable to get back to sleep.
I will torture you with just a sampling of the thoughts that tortured ME last night, but sprinkle them with photos of Cubby sleeping peacefully throughout the past two years (well, mostly the past year and a half--she really never slept those first 6 months). They're a whole lot cuter than pics of me laying wide awake in bed would be.
1) I don't own any Barack Obama merchandise yet. Why not? The time has come.

1) I don't own any Barack Obama merchandise yet. Why not? The time has come.
2) There's a patch of grass under Cubby's slide in the back yard that's about 10 inches long, because it never gets cut. Maybe I can take a pair of scissors to it tomorrow.
4) We really need to get Cub to branch out in her musical taste, for the sake of my sanity.
5) "The Biggest Loser" starts on Monday. Sweet.
6) I wonder how we should decorate for Cubby's "colors" themed birthday party. I suggested rainbows, but Bear thinks it will look like we're celebrating her coming out of the closet then. I'm sure those types of parties are popular among toddlers. Plus, we could just put up that make-out pic of her and Silas to put any nasty rumors to rest. What about crayons...?
6) I wonder how we should decorate for Cubby's "colors" themed birthday party. I suggested rainbows, but Bear thinks it will look like we're celebrating her coming out of the closet then. I'm sure those types of parties are popular among toddlers. Plus, we could just put up that make-out pic of her and Silas to put any nasty rumors to rest. What about crayons...?
7) "Whenever we go out/The people always shout/JOHN JACOB JINGLEHEIMER SMITH!" Seriously. Stop.
8) I'm hungry. But if I get up and eat something, then I'll be really wide awake...as opposed to right now? And what if I don't, and then I can't sleep because I'm hungry? Maybe I should just get up and get it over with.
9) Cubby refuses to eat cheese, and declined more ice cream the other night because, "I have a-nuff." How could she be my child?? What if she were switched at birth somehow? I'd want to keep her, anyway. She says things like, "I gotta go change into Cozies," which members of the normal world would never understand. Her real family wouldn't be able to accept her after her being raised by Bears all this time.
10) What's that noise? I wonder how long it would take me to get down the hallway to Cubby if there were an emergency? (We have a loooooong house, all one story, and her room is at the front, while ours is at the back.) I should run it sometime and see. Do we own a stopwatch?
11) "John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith/His name is my name, too..." OH MY GOD PLEASE STOP! If my brother-in-law were here, he could whistle a slightly less annoying song and at least get that one stuck in my head to replace this one. If he were a superhero, that would be his power...yet, do I really want that song from the old Magic Mountain commercials in there, either?
And on....and on....and on.
I fell asleep again around 5am, and dreamt that I worked at the video store where Bear and I met. We were honored because one of the Olympic athletes (a female runner) was there renting movies. Adult movies, to be exact. And then the owner chased me into a karate studio, and Bear and I escaped by paddling a kayak home.
Ahhh, restful slumber.
So that's what goes on in that head of yours! lol. I totally know how you feel, but my excuse is the giant of a belly I have and a baby that likes to kick when I am sleeping and not to mention constant sweating. At least you don't wake up your hubby just to have company...I'm a mean person.
ReplyDeleteLoL... thanks sis, now I;m going to be awake at night wondering why my sister sings "John Jacob Jingleheimer SMith" in her sleep... LoL. Love the cubby pics! :)Love you guys!
ReplyDelete:Love,
Aunt Jen Jen
Hilarious!
ReplyDelete