Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cubby 2: Coming Soon to a Crib Near You

Check out Cubby's new shirt!

The "tiny yittle baby," as Cubby has begun calling him/her, is due to arrive around April 5, 2009, making me about 9 weeks along. I know it's customary to wait the full 12 weeks before spilling the beans, but there's only so long a person can complain about exhaustion, insomnia, and wicked heartburn before it becomes incredibly annoying that they won't take some freaking drugs and get over it...right?

Anyway, we saw a strong heartbeat last week and will hopefully hear it again at my next appointment in a little over a week, so things are looking good. Consider my feet firmly planted in the I Refuse to Live 1/3 of My Pregnancy in Fear camp--Cubby Two deserves 9 full months' worth of happy anticipation (along with the occasional pack of Chewy SweetTarts), and that's what he/she is going to get!

Warning: we are seriously considering being Those Annoying People Who Don't Find Out the Sex. I hate when people do that, because I'm always dying to know, but now I'm actually toying with the idea, because we already have all the "big stuff" in unisex patterns, anyway, and we'd be thrilled with either another girl OR a boy. So, it may be a while before we know whether it's a Pixley Buttonwillow or a Tokay Grizzlyswallow in there. (Did I mention we came up with GREAT baby names along our road trip last month?)

4 comments:

  1. Oh YEA!! Another Cubster in the family. He or she can only be amazing in all ways just like his or her sister, Cubby/Kira.

    Take care of you, little new mom under construction. Your "Bear" sounds wonderful and the happy faces I see on you and Cubby tell me that he has to be every bit as awesome as you say he is. He sounds like my Gary. They don't come any better!!

    Love you honey. We are SO HAPPY for you all.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! So happy for you! It must be such a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Congratulations on a future Pixley Buttonwillow or a Tokay Grizzlyswallow! The second one always flies by so fast so I'm glad you're making sure you enjoy every moment of it...heartburn and all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! They'll soon be best of friends and worst enemies! My two are so sweet together and I know yours' will be too.

    I love the names you've chosen for him/ her. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!