Poor Keira has come down with some kind of virus, so she's had a sporadic fever and a hives-like rash for the past two days. This has triggered 'Nam-like flashbacks of my own childhood, during which I often spent days on end laying on a sheet, covered in hives and Calamine lotion. They never figured out what was causing the hives, but they eventually stopped coming back. To this day, the smell of Calamine lotion makes me feel miserable, so I avoid the stuff at all costs...well, until now. How's that for a Valentine's Day card message?
Dear Keira,
My love for you could fill an ocean
I love you more than
I hate Calamine lotion.
Love,
Mommy
As for Keira, this (hopefully isolated) episode hasn't put a damper on her cuteness.
Sunday night, she fell asleep on Bear at around 7:30pm, so I had to wake her up to take her to bed.
Me: "How are you feeling, Sweetie?"
Keira (half-asleep): "Not so good, Mom."
Me: "What doesn't feel good?"
Keira: "I have a tummy ache."
Me (knowing she probably doesn't even know what that means): "What does a tummy ache mean?"
Keira (mumbling): "It means because you don't eat too much junk, Mom."
Later, when I tucked her into bed, she mumbled, "Thanks, Mom...Hey, Mom? Happy New Year."
When I woke her up during the night to take her temperature again, she murmured, "You already did that...silly Mommy." And later, "Hey, Mom?...[yawn] Tomorrow we can have a tea party."
The fever went away yesterday, but came back last night. I snuggled with her on the couch before bedtime, and asked how she's feeling again.
Keira: "Happy."
Me: "You're feeling happy?? Why?"
Keira: "Because I love you."
And that's when I melted into The Puddle on the Floor Formerly Known as MamaBear. Yep, she's definitely worth enduring the smelly pink stuff.
The doctor says it could last up to a couple of weeks, but should go away on its own, so we don't need to take her back unless the fever or rash get worse. In the meantime, we're soaking up the extra snuggle time and hoping our Kiwi-Fruit is back to her rash-free self soon...
Poor little girl, I hope she feels better soon. It's funny how they can still be adorable even when they are miserable.
ReplyDeletePoor Keer-Wah, friend Silas hopes she gets all better soon.
ReplyDeletePoor thing! My daughter was like that twice nd it turned out she was allergic to Advil!
ReplyDeleteFollowing you from MBC follow me club, hope you can visit my site too!