...and had a constant whine of, "Maaaaaamaaaaaaa?" which I believe translates roughly to, "People, it is COLD. This stuff is impossible to walk in. Why am I wearing gardening boots, anyway? This jacket makes me look like that kid in A Christmas Story. I can't move my arms!! I hate these gloves, and I hate the snow they're protecting my hands from. I am also beginning to hate all of you. Take me HOME!!"
We did convince Keira to take one trip down the slopes with me, which, in retrospect, took place on a higher hill than we probably should have chosen for her. I screamed like a teenager on a roller coaster the whole way down, but she was paralyzed with terror until we hit the end, and then she burst into tears. I told her, "But it's over now! And you made it! What a brave girl!" She thought about it for a minute and then muttered, "Yeah...I guess I am brave." It took quite a while to talk her into going down a much smaller hill with Bear, but she finally agreed:
After that, we decided to put our poor cubs out of their misery, a full 30 minutes before our prepaid hour on the slopes was up. A couple of sticks in the mud, they are! Guess we'll have to try again when they're older.
Here's a pic of the girls before we left--notice that they are happy, now that they're standing on dirt and know they're on their way out of there!
Snow is an acquired taste for kids, Silas likes the snow as long as it doesn't actually touch his skin.
ReplyDelete