Friday, July 29, 2011

Facebook Friday with Bonus Cutie Beauties!

Where did July go?! I thought I'd consult a month's worth of Facebook statuses (stati?) because, well, I am lazy and yet want the silly things the girls say, and some of the little updates that I quickly jot there, to be part of the book I will eventually create from this blog.

July 1: Excited for my date w/Jordan Knight tonight! (Don't worry--Bear knows & we'll be chaperoned by 8 or 9 other guys & thousands of screaming women.) NKOTBSB baby!

July 5: I've followed Couch to 5K to the letter so far, but Week 5 Day 3 (that's tonight) says to run 20 minutes straight! The last one was run 8 minutes, walk 5 minutes, repeat...I'm not sure I'm up for 20 minutes straight already, but I'm about to find out!

July 6: NKOTBSB + Matthew Morrison = excited Bittles!

July 7: ‎12 hours ago, attractive men were singing for me. Now, I am battling ants in the pantry & bathroom. Cruel, cruel world.

[My friend Heidi's reply: "2 words: Bug Man."

My response: "I can't afford a Bug Man. I just paid attractive men (and the Backstreet Boys) to sing for me!"]

(We did eventually call a Bug Man. He was a handsome kid, in fact, and the girls both flirted with him like crazy! Ellie told me shyly, "I yike da Bug Man" and drew him a picture, and when he left, Keira acted shocked and wanted to know why he wasn't staying. Apparently, she wanted him to move in with us!)

July 7: "I like that you'll catch a tarantula & take it back to the forest, but ants show up & you turn into Conan the Exterminator." -Bear. (Hey, the ants are INSIDE!)

July 8: Bear and the girls have a new tradition of watching "Iron Chef" together every night--way cute. Ellie yelled, "Time for da cooking show!" as soon as she got out of the bathtub.

July 9: My attempts at caulk-blocking these ants are failing. I think they may have tools for drilling through where I've sealed off...either that, or they've developed the ability to apparate. Cursed wizard ants!!

July 11: Those neighbor boys who called Keira "Shakira" all last summer? They stand corrected. (They now think her name is She-ra.)

July 12: Keira has "threatened" not to speak again until I let her turn on the tv. Let the standoff begin.

July 13: Caution: hastily applying makeup (with SPF) in the car MAY result in a triangular, streaky sunburn on one's forehead. Throw in some rogue bangs and an 80's headband to tame them, and you've got me today. My husband is a lucky, lucky man.

July 14: Ellie just overheard me tell Keira that someday we'll take a big vacation and fly on an airplane, and piped up, "Dat would be AWESOME!"

July 15: Keira knocked her head into my elbow on her way past me. Me: "Oops, sorry, Kiwi!" Keira: "That's OK. Nice bumping into you, Mom!"

July 16: Keira, eating beef jerky: "This kind of meats doesn't get any smaller in your mouth."

July 17: Ellie loves to call my dad a weasel. Tonight she was talking about what color fireworks we each like, & for Dad she said, "And YOU like WEASEL FIREWORKS!"

July 25: Just got home from the grocery store to realize I left the groceries in the cart after getting the girls in the car. *forehead smack* I scare myself sometimes.

July 26: I can now add "You cannot brush your teeth WHILE eating a bagel" to the list of Important Life Lessons I have imparted to the girls. Later, I also gave a brief lesson on how People Don't Usually Like it When You Lick Them.

July 27: Keira keeps bringing me drawings of imaginary people. She gives this dramatic, serious sigh and says, "Well, at least I don't have to say hi to this guy/queen/king anymore. S/he died." One died from "typing on his computer until midnight" and another from "stepping in a fire on her way to her car." It's kinda creepy-yet-funny. I'm glad she sees the bright side of death: one less person to say hello to!

July 28: "I am so two years old right now." -Ellie


July 29: A couple of months ago, I started out running 60 seconds at a time...the past two nights, I've run 30 minutes straight! Just gotta work my way up from 2-2.5 miles to a 5K now. Yippee!

Here are some assorted photos from July that haven't made it into any blog posts this month, but that I love:

On 4th of July, Ellie sat with her hands over her ears from the time the first practice firework was fired off until the whole show was over (for a total of about 45 minutes). She fell asleep on my lap with her hands still over her ears:


Here she is demonstrating her new hair-twirling habit:


Who wore it better? Keira...


...or Ellie?


The girls LOVE getting their own carts at Trader Joe's:


Keira told me, "We're the mommies!" How does she make shopping look like an Olympic sport?


A few weeks ago, we met Cousin Brandon and Auntie Lisa for lunch. I love that Brandon is almost 13, but not too cool to hold Ellie's hand (yet):


Afterward, we found a fountain in the shopping center and I told the girls they could get their feet wet. Apparently, the word "feet" sounds a lot like "whole body," and they had a blast!




Ellie has been sporting sunglasses a lot lately. So cute!


I dropped the girls off at Grandma & Pap-Pap's one day last week so I could go work on some school stuff, and when I came back, they were in the midst of some water fun:


Big sisters are convenient human shields:


Afterward, Keira pretended Ellie was her "tiny baby" and held her:


Yesterday, I got Kiwi out of the car when we got home and unlocked the door for her. When I opened Ellie's door, she put a rolled-up paper to her mouth like a megaphone and said, "All mommies, pweeze report to da car and buckle me out!!"

Today, the girls "graduated" from their gymnastics session:





Ta-da! There's our month in a nutshell.

August is looking insane already: three birthday parties, a baby shower (that I'm partly hosting), school starting for me, preschool starting for Keira, our 7th wedding anniversary, my 4-day road trip to Michigan with Bittle, and a flight back just in time to catch a few hours' sleep before I teach the next day. I think I'd better spend the last two days of July sleeping to get ready for all of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!