Saturday, April 28, 2012

Springing Forward

We're only a few weeks into spring, but we've been busy little bees already, and I've fallen way behind on posting pics!

The girls had a blast at Grandma's house on Easter:




A few days after that, we went to the "Maquarium of the 'Acific" with cousin Brandon and Auntie Lisa, and the girls enjoyed some nice beach weather:



The girls look so hilariously awkward in this photo that I had to keep it.  (I'm allowed to say that, because I grew them in my belly and I love them.  So there.)



We had a fun play date with my friend and her two little girls, and the four little princesses had a lovely time dressing up!

















We planted flowers, which sprouted beautifully and then, tragically, were stolen by birds or garden gnomes or something.  The horror and dismay when the girls found their little planters empty was like something out of the ending of Seven.  Except, you know...there was nothing in the box(es).

And, in the "Things That Blow My Mind" category, we went to Keira's kindergarten orientation earlier this week.  Eeek!  I'm so excited for her, and my nervousness at sending her out into the big, bad world is mostly quelled by the fact that I'll be right there on campus in my classroom half of the days she's there...

I said "mostly."  We'll see how weepy I get as the Big Day gets closer!

We rotated through the four classrooms, where Kiwi did a short little activity in each one.  Here she is, practicing her numbers:
In the last classroom, they played shape/color BINGO, and I swear that Keira didn't have any of, oh, I'd say the first 7 or 8 things the teacher called out.  I sat there off to the side, holding my breath to see if she'd suddenly burst into tears, but she sat there criss-cross applesauce in her cute little corduroys and waited determinedly for her luck to change.  Occasionally, she'd look at me and throw up her hands with a little smile, like, "Are you kidding me?!" but not a tear was shed.  Woohoo!


Ah, FINALLY!!


It's so hard to believe that my first baby is such a big girl now, but it's totally fun watching her become more independent and learn new things all the time.  Bear has been teaching her how to play mahjong...
...and Aunt Jane started teaching her how to knit when she was here last month.  Now, Kiwi keeps asking my grandma to teach her how to play bridge.  At this rate, we'll get her some dentures to fill in those gaps in her mouth, and she'll be a full-fledged senior citizen before she turns 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!