Sunday, April 13, 2008

House Update, Now With Bonus Cuteness!

Shockingly, our lowball offer was accepted (well, he asked for another $3K so he could break even, and nixed the new carpet, which we had just thrown in for the heck of it anyway) and it looks like we're getting the house! The inspection is Friday while I'm at work, so Greg will go on his own (or with Keira, if we can't get a sitter). Fingers crossed that the list of things wrong with the house is shorter than, say, the Holy Bible this time!

While I'm at it, here's some cute Keira stuff to make the boring house stuff easier to swallow.

My friend Emily from high school was recently in town from Florida with her husband and their adorable little girl, Madison. It's totally cliche, but it seems like Emily and I were JUST in high school together, and now we're both somebody's MOTHER. How weird is that?? (As a side note, I got my 10-year reunion paperwork in the mail the other day...I feel old.)
These are the best pics I could manage to get of Keira and Madison together (hey, YOU try getting two toddlers to sit still!). They went for quite a joyride at Chuck E. Cheese.




And here's one of Keira in her cute new jammies, drinking her sippy cup of milk like a lady (pinkies up!):

This is a video of her showing off her new skill: counting to ten

And, for posterity, here are some of the cutest/most entertaining entries in the Dictionary of Keira:

"yo" = yogurt

"crack" = cracker

"Kiwi" = well, Kiwi...which actually means Keira, but we've all taken to calling her Kiwi, and now that's what she calls herself! She will, however, also point to herself when you ask her where Keira, Binks, Monkeyface, or Cubby is. Who knows what else she'd answer to if we tried?

"mick" = milk

"Mom-Mom" = me (that kid is going to call me Mommy one day whether she likes it or not!)

"Dadat" = Greg

"Uck" = Uncle Ryan

"Wee-owee" = Maria, the secretary at my school (it took us a thousand years to figure this one out)

Finally, we are officially raising a bookworm: today in the car, she started reciting one of her books at random, which she's been doing a lot lately. At first, I thought she was just making doggie sounds, but then I realized she was saying, "Four. WOOF. Ya-ya. Nnnnn nnnnnn nnnnnn....." like in Sandra Boynton's Doggies book. When Greg got home from work tonight, she didn't even give him two seconds to take his shoes off before she made him read her The Pigeon Wants a Puppy eleven consecutive times...and he did it without complaint. That's love, people.

1 comment:

  1. lol! We had so much fun hanging out with you guys! I love that Keira can recite books already! That's so awesome. By the way, I also think it's funny that I actually know all of the books you mentioned in your blog...there really should be a secret Mommy world.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!