Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sleepy Thoughts

We're going on two weeks of almost no sleep here, thanks to Ellie's unrelenting teething and all of us coming down with a wretched head cold. Lacking the time or energy for a real post, here, instead, are a few thoughts that have crossed my sleep-deprived mind of late:

1) "OWWWWWWWW!"

That was shortly after I walked face-first into the side of our open bedroom door at 5am the other morning. Apparently sleeping in three or four 45-minute intervals for over a week takes its toll on your vision. We got a menorah, God-in-Law...did I really deserve a broken eyebrow?! Luckily (?), a bruised brow really just looks like 80's eyeshadow.

2) Muttered at the glare coming through my rearview mirror on the way to work yesterday: "Turn off your high beams, moron!" Oh...wait. That's the sun. It's 7am. Who's the moron here?

3) Commercials are cruel. I keep seeing that Prilosec one that talks about "the 8 hours your eyes are closed every night." Oh, bite me.

4) My kids may not sleep, but they are not lacking in preciousness:





"In a few years, I'll be able to bake you a cake with a file in it. Hang tight, sis."


Contemplative Binks:


Sporting the Cutest Witch Costume Ever, courtesy of Grandma Marmee:


"My Hanukkah presents RULE!"



Just chillin' on Big Sister's Sit n' Spin (which, hilariously, plays instrumental ripoffs of 80's music, including Depeche Mode's "Just Can't Get Enough"):


All I want for Christmas is a good night's sleep....a good night's sleep....a good night's sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Is Ellie storing some nuts in those cheeks for winter? She is TOO CUTE! And friend Keira looks precious in the contemplative pic. Hope you are all feeling better and that Santa brings you 8 hours of sleep for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!