Our new friend
Last weekend, we found out the girls will have something extra to be thankful for this fall: their new baby cousin is due December 3! We adore Cousin Brandon, who's 11, and I've always wished the girls had more cousins--especially ones closer to their age--so I'm beyond excited. Keira has already named the baby Hearty. (Like I said, our future grandchildren's names are bound to put Apple and Jermajesty to shame.) Besides baby Hearty, four more babies are expected by family and friends within the next few months. This means lots of tiny ones for me to snuggle...before I hand them back to their parents, go home, and enjoy a full night's sleep! With a couple of weddings and a housewarming party also on the horizon, there'll definitely be plenty of celebrating going on this year.
In the work and school departments, Bear started a new position recently, which involves fewer dealings with "I Will Go Hulk And Destroy the Universe If You Don't Deliver My Couch by Four O'Clock" customers, and more corporate responsibilities. Bittle is working on finishing, and Uncle Johnny is about to start, earning some fancy letters (namely, Ph.D.) behind their names. I'll be teaching kindergarten part-time again this coming school year, but alongside a new partner and whilst contemplating a change of schools before Keira starts kindergarten in fall of 2011. And in two short days, Keira herself will be starting her first preschool class!
As for Ellie, the past couple of weeks have brought new teeth (MORE?!), new words (she now tries to say ball, monkey, dog, Da-Da, Keira, milk, 'nana, sock, shoe, and book--notice that Mama is a glaring omission here!), new skills (she's up to about 4 steps at a time and stands independently for quite a while now), new curls (the reverse mullet is on its way out, at last!), and new levels of cute.
Finally, in a moment most poetic and perfectly-timed, it seems that

May all of our transformations work out this beautifully!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!