
So, the other night I decided to bust out the scissors and give Kiwi her first real haircut. Possessing no actual talent in this department didn't stop me; I have, of course, watched professionals cut my hair many times, and figured it couldn't be that hard. (By this logic, I am also qualified to perform C-sections and play football in the NFL, having seen both done on TV. Fear me.)
Before I started, I took a "before" pic. When it was wet and combed straight, it actually touched her tailbone. My child was a budding Crystal Gayle at less than four years old:
Here's the "after" pic, still wet:
And here, tragically, is a dry "after" pic...notice that something is clearly missing here:
WHERE ARE THE CURLS??!!
Sure, it's got body, and it definitely looks thicker. Maybe even a little healthier. Those corkscrew curls that danced around so preciously at the ends of her hair, however, appear to be gone. How can this be?!
I am a curl killer.
Sob.
In related news, proving Einstein's lesser-known Conservation of Curls law (like matter, they can be neither created nor destroyed--only transferred amongst siblings), Elliana is starting to sprout the beginnings of tiny ringlets herself:
There is hope for the future...but what's done is done.
I will cut no more forever.


Oh! Such beautiful curls. But don't worry, I'm sure it'll grow back. *fingers crossed*
ReplyDeleteAnd also, did you know that you can do a time stamp with your blog entries? That way, you can write the blog entries on your own time, but when you publish it, it'll be as if you wrote it the day it happened. And you can save it all up and publish all at once, making it seem as if you had a ton of time to do your blogging. All you have to do it click on new post, write something in the heading, and then click save. Viola! Time stamp. That's how I get away with it. :-) And it's great to have the exact date of when things went down.