1) This Hello Kitty doll, at Build-a-Bear:
This is not Latina Hello Kitty (Hola Gato?)...it is Tropical Hello Kitty, and she has a tan. Can I get a collective "Ewww"?
2) Strangers keep commenting on how "stylish" Elliana's hair is, and asking whether we purposely get it cut this way:
I love our little Emo Baby to pieces, and her hair cracks me up to no end (at least the reverse mullet is growing out in the back now....slowly), but the idea of any sane parent walking into a salon with a photo of Kate Gosselin in one hand and their 14-month-old in the other is just way, way wrong.
3) Keira (whose dolls' names vary from day to day and are usually along the lines of Allie, Iddy, Addy, Illie, Sally...) has renamed one of her dolls Tiddy. It's fine in print, but spoken aloud? Wrong.
4) This is Keira's new hobby:
4) This is Keira's new hobby:
I had to specifically tell her that it is NOT okay, under any circumstances, to wrap the "leash" around her sister's neck. The little puppy happily toddles along behind her big sister, who encouragingly tells her to "Come on, little Buggy!" and leads her up and down the hallway. Subjecting a child to such degrading treatment--even when she's too little to know the difference--may be totally wrong...but having two little girls who play together and entertain each other now is so, so right!
I totally cracked up at your line about the Kate G picture. Too funny.
ReplyDeleteha ha...I'm so with you on many of those things you pointed out. Though Ellie is cute with those bangs that looked like it was styled that way. :-) And Keira leading her around...now that is just cuteness sugar coated with more cuteness. At least she's not tackling her trying out wrestling moves...
ReplyDelete