Being a teacher and a mom, children's book authors and illustrators are celebrities to me: the names Mo Willems, Jane O'Connor & Robin Preiss Glasser, Laura Numeroff & Felicia Bond, and Pam Calvert & Tuesday Mourning are read aloud in our house and my classroom constantly. Imagine, then, the squealing and hand-flapping that occurred when I came to update my blog tonight and found that I have a new Follower...none other than Pam Calvert, author of the Princess Peepers book I blogged about below! I have no idea how she found her way here (as part of my Random Internet Freakazoid Avoidance Policy, Bear With Us isn't supposed to come up on google search results) and doubt she'll bother to continue reading my drivel regularly, but the fact that she was here is, as far as I'm concerned, superawesome.
I haven't blogged much lately, for several reasons: end-of-the-year madness at school, lack of space on my camera's memory card, and (let's just be honest here, shall we?) a bonanza of TV finales being primary among them. Don't even get me started on how furious Morning Me was when she found out Night Me stayed up until midnight watch the "LOST" finale Sunday night! Kindergarteners, unfortunately, have no mercy for those who sacrifice sleep to find out the fates of Jack and the gang. Neither do Keira and Ellie, for that matter...and those two are up to a whole lot of cute lately, by the way, so as soon as I clear off two years' worth of photos and videos, I'll have plenty to share about them!
I've also been working on a new blog/website for parents of my incoming kindergarteners--or for any parents of toddlers, preschoolers, or kindergarteners, really. It's a spinoff of my "Instruction Incognito" post, and I'm hoping it'll give them useful tips on practicing basic concepts at home in a fun way. If you're interested in checking it out and giving me some feedback via comments or email, I'd love to hear any suggestions! Here's the link:
Parents Teach: All Parents Are Teachers!
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!