I had this conversation with Keira as she was writing words on her chalkboard yesterday. I happened to be taking video at the time, but the file is too big to upload, so you get my transcript instead:
Keira: "H...A...T! That spells hat!"
Me: "That's right!"
Keira: "Now, if I take the H...and replace it with a T...what does that spell?" (They do this on "Word World" on PBS all the time.) "T...A...T. Tat! Mom, what's a tat?"
Me: "Well, tat can be short for tattoo...like someone could have a tattoo on their arm."
Keira: "Or on their butt!"
I have to say that at this moment, I immediately thought that Aunt Jen had to somehow be responsible for this. I mentally began plotting how I would seek my revenge on her unborn baby boy, including saving up for a motorcycle as his 16th birthday gift from Cool Aunt Me!! (I should also add that while Aunt Jen does have a few tattoos, and has on occasion threatened to get my daughter her first one someday, she does not, to my knowledge, have any on her butt.)
Me (laughing): "Um...who has a tattoo on their butt??"
Keira: "Pig does, on 'Word World'! She has to wear one when she learns how to be a ballerina!"
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Tattoo...tutu. Aren't we so glad that got cleared up now??
Aunt Jen, you're off the hook. For now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!