Example: there HAS to be a genetic basis for the fact that Bear, along with every adult male I know, insists on using cardinal directions instead of "left" and "right" when telling me how to get somewhere. Um, do I have a compass on me? Noooo. Telling me that something is in the southwest corner of the Costco parking lot doesn't help, then, so I think I say this on behalf of all women: how about just telling me which way to turn?! (And you rare women who actually know cardinal directions and make the rest of us look bad can go ahead and kiss the southwest corner of my...just kidding.)
Keira and Ellie are full of evidence that there are plenty of genes that haven't yet been identified. Witness the following...
The "Mardi Gras" Gene (obsession with beads), demonstrated by Keira...

...and now Ellie:
The "Booey Bedhead" Gene, seen here in Keira...
...and here in Elliana:
The "Underwear-Head" Gene, seen here in Keira...

...and here in Elliana (okay, these are not, technically, underwear, but she does it with underwear, too):
...and here in Elliana (okay, these are not, technically, underwear, but she does it with underwear, too):
...and here in Ellie:
...and Elliana:
In fact, there's also apparently a "Bbbbm-Bbbbbm" gene, because that's how both girls (separated by 2.5 years and with no training or programming from outside forces) pronounced balloon at first. What are the chances?
And don't even get me started on the Mischief Gene...that's a whole 'nother post!




I love this! I wonder if I will still see these similarities in my little ones even though they are different genders.
ReplyDelete