Monday, October 25, 2010

SpElliana

The blatant braggery that is about to ensue is prefaced by the following:

1) I detest competitive parenting and have no desire to compare my kids to other people's kids (or to each other, if I can help it). I realize that somewhere on this planet, there is an 18-month-old who's designing a space module for NASA or can recite Pi to the 1,000th digit, and that the video that follows pales in comparison to such genius. However, I about fell over when I realized Ellie already recognizes several letters, so I felt compelled to videotape and share it. So there.

2) I take no credit for Miss Smartypants or her alphabet knowledge, and I know for a fact that I haven't taught her a single letter. It's all Keira, her PBS shows, and Bear. No flash cards, "Your Baby Can Read" videos, or lesson plans were used in the making of this baby.

Anyway, I was stoked enough when Ellie pointed out the letters O, T, S, and P on the iPad the other day when I was typing, but tonight while the girls were in the bathtub, she started grabbing foam letters and naming them. Apparently, she also knows I, W, E, H, and Y! According to the Internet Anagram Server, this means she's fully equipped to spell the following:

"Whitey ops" (FBI hate crime division?)
"Piety Show" (Dr. Laura is back?!)
"We ship toy" (ah, a businesswoman already!)
"Pew sh*t yo!" (diaper-changing commentary?)
"Hey Sip Two!" (I think I will, as a matter of fact!).

Behold, SpElliana:

3 comments:

  1. SO cute!! I love "pew sh*t yo" Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Ellie! Seriously PBS rocks for teaching the alphabet. That's pretty much how Silas learned all of his letters. Of course, he wasn't identifying half the alphabet by 18 months like Ellie, but seeing that only about half the kinders who I've taught came in knowing more than 10 letters, we are pretty proud of him. And you don't need to put any disclaimers on your blog, it's okay to show off your kids once and awhile ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. I love reading your posts! You should seriously consider writing for a magazine!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!