Sunday, October 24, 2010

Turtle Power!

Yesterday, we hosted a baby shower for my sister and her husband. Since they're using the Mod Turtle theme in the baby's room, the shower theme was the same, and it turned out pretty cute!

The invitations (from eBay):


The cake (made by an 8th grader I know who already has her own cake business!):




The decorations (how convenient that our house is already blue and brown!):


Everyone filled out these cards for the baby book:

The favors:

Since it was a family shower and the dads, grandpas, and uncles had been promised there would be no foofy games, we decorated bibs with fabric paint instead:





Ellie was obsessed with Uncle Josh's nephew, Justin, and he kindly tolerated her constant hugs and kisses while he was trying to sleep!


The parents-to-be, practicing that "check out our baby" pose! Doesn't baby Justin have the most awesome "Mr. Schuester from Glee" hair? I love it!


Only a month or so to go before the girls get to meet their newest cousin!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful party! I love the turtle theme and how smart to give turtles for favors. I do hope Keira's weight and length predictions don't turn out accurate though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great shower!

    And I am so impressed by that 8th grader and her cake. SO impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!