Clearly, I am insane.
Last week, I woke up one day and suddenly realized that my dad (and probably countless others who opted not to speak up) was right: it was too dark. Thus began a week-long process of researching and testing out various shades of gray, which, as you can see below, I slapped on the wall pretty haphazardly and thereby pretty much committed myself to starting this project pronto, unless I was willing to walk past this on a daily basis:
So, once again, I'm in the midst of hallway repainting, this time using Sherwin Williams' "Requisite Gray" (color matched to Behr paint). Here's a shot of how it looks halfway done:
Last time I took on this beast, it was made all the more miserable by the fact that every time I turned my attention from newly potty-trained Keira to get a little painting done, she'd run into another room, relieve herself on the floor, and then come back to gloat about it. She's a year and a half older now, but I've learned my lesson and wasn't taking any chances this time, so I went ahead and let her "help" a little bit yesterday while Ellie napped:

Since I still have the entryway and the hallway to the girls' rooms left, plus a second coat over the whole thing, I estimate this project will be done in approximately nine thousand years...that is, if I don't completely lose my mind before then!
What do you think? Was it indeed too dark before? Does it look better or worse now? See the poll on the top right corner and tell it like it is...because I'm seriously and for reals NOT doing this over again, regardless of public opinion!
Seeing the new color with the brown in the background makes the old color look really dark (though I never thought it was before). I definitely like this gray better. You are brave to do this right when all the holiday craziness begins!
ReplyDeleteI liked the brown before (I am biased though - my bedroom is the same color), but I LOVE the gray. So clean and light. I'm buying a new house next week, and definitely making note of the color name. I'll be doing lots of painting soon too - once I get rid of the totally awful wallpaper borders :)
ReplyDeleteI like it! I thought the brown looked really nice before too, but seeing the two together, I have to agree I like the gray better.
ReplyDelete