Monday, November 22, 2010

Ho-Ho-Holiday Cards!

Oh, how I love to save money. Last week, I made FIVE different trips to the DMV (the first four were thwarted by broken-down computer systems and lines around the building--what is this, a Twilight premiere?!) and ended up waiting 2 1/2 hours with Elliana so that I could get an erroneous $182 fee removed. It was worth it...barely. Thanks to craigslist, I--er, I mean, Santa--also found Keira the $75 princess bike she's been ogling at Toys R Us for only $20, in practically new condition. Score!

Needless to say, when I heard that Shutterfly was offering 50 free holiday cards to bloggers, I was all over it. Shutterfly is one of my internet essentials. Every few months, I upload the jillion photos on my camera's memory stick, crop and edit them, and have them sent right to my door. I don't have time to create superawesomecreative scrapbooks all the time, but I stick the prints in photo albums and write "notes" on the lines next to many of them, and it's a pretty low-maintenance way of keeping up with the girls' albums while also keeping my sanity intact. Every once in a while, I make calendars for the grandparents, and those are wicked easy to whip up, too, thanks to their premade layouts and backgrounds. It's a busy lazy mom's dream.

This year, they've got a ton of gorgeous holiday photo cards (including story cards, for people whose lives are interesting enough to need such a feature!) and my only problem is going to be choosing which ones to get!

These ones are cute, and allow for a good close-up of each of the girls. (While I love to see all types of photo cards in my mailbox, Bear and I pretty much always stick to featuring just the girls in ours. They're way cuter than we are.)

If we did choose to include a family photo, these would be nice (except we'd only need two pics on the side--there is no Cubby Three on the horizon!):

I always love the cards with a huge photo and not too much background, so this one may be my favorite:


Knowing me, I'll peruse, ponder, and generally obsess until the last possible second, but I'm sure we'll come up with something cute!

(Bloggers, want to earn 50 free Shutterfly holiday cards yourself? Click here to find out how!)

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I love shutterfly! I did the same thing for Madison but just been slacking with Henry. Their calendars are the greatest. Can't wait to see your Christmas card this year!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!