Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

When I was a little girl, my dad always came home from a long day at work ready to shoot hoops with us in the driveway, play with the dogs, and enjoy his family. When people asked how he could be in such a good mood after working all day, he'd say, "I'm glad to be home!" A couple of decades later, I watch Bear walk through the door every evening and barely take the time to put down his stuff before he jumps into a game of Super Soccer Kick with the girls. They say girls grow up to marry men like their fathers, and Dad and Bear are alike in all the ways that matter!

Happy Father's Day today to my dad...


...to my Poppy, who took me to the bookstore almost daily (sometimes twice in one day) when I was a kid, and let me put curlers in his hair while he watched TV...


...to Pop-Pop and Pap-Pap, who both light up whenever they see the girls and are happily wrapped around their sticky little fingers...



...and to Bear, the best husband and dad any of us girls could ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!