
This is going to be our second year using the Activity Advent Calendar idea my friend Heidi introduced me to last year. Before then, I'd only put a piece of candy inside each door of our little wooden house (the one above isn't ours, but a similar one I wish I'd chosen now that I've decided to use silver and blue holiday decorations in our living room!). Now, each day's door opens to reveal a treat AND a little note telling what fun holiday-related activity we'll be doing that day. The girls seriously need an advent calendar to count down to when they get to start using the advent calendar--they love it that much!
We'll be re-using most of last year's ideas, plus adding in a few new ones like riding the Christmas train at a park, going to a Polar Express story time at the bookstore, taking the girls to pick out gifts for each other, going to a Christmas movie in the theater (now that Ellie has proven her theater-worthiness!), hitting the zoo for their nighttime "Jungle Bells" festivities (whatever THAT means!), roasting marshmallows on the stove, and hosting a holiday play date at our house (more on that later). I'm also going to try to throw in some random acts of kindness or charity on some of the days--this blog has tons of simple ideas I'm planning to swipe!
Two more days until the holiday fun begins!
LOL at the needing an advent calendar to count down to the advent calendar. Silas keeps asking me when he gets to open the little doors.
ReplyDelete