Last week, my friend and I took our girls to see the Smurfs movie, which was Ellie's first movie theater experience. She did awesome!
The next day, we took a little jaunt to Northern California to visit Grammy and Grampy, which is a 6-8 hour drive depending on how many times we stop for potties (Keira) and Starbucks (Bear). The girls and I invented this car game recently, and even Bear had a blast joining in:
This being our third trip up there in the past couple of years, we've gotten pretty good at keeping the girls entertained in the car. Here they are with their clipboards, which I stocked with coloring sheets from PBS Kids:
The girls are big on the show "Peppa Pig" right now, which is awesome because the characters have British accents. Keira and Ellie now zoom around in their Cozy Coupe car talking about "running out of petrol," and Keira wants to learn how to ride her bike "without STAY-bi-ly-zuhs" (apparently "stabilizers" is the British equivalent of training wheels, but sounds much cuter). When we check the mail, Keira wants to know if "we've got any post." Best of all, they have no idea that they're speaking with accents or using odd terms for things, which makes it even funnier.
Keira did a little writing along the way, too:
Up by Grammy and Grampy's house, we did the touristy thing and took a 2 1/2 hour open-top bus tour of San Francisco. We froze our booties off, but it was fun!
The next day, we went to Apple Hill, which has lots of apple farms with yummy things to taste. Grammy was bummed that the little train rides and petting zoos weren't open during the week, but we still had a good time!
These little coats were a cute Target find the morning before we left for Apple Hill, because we didn't want a repeat of our San Francisco freezing experience. I love them! Here are a couple more random pics of the girls from back here around home...
Riding the tractor outside the grocery store:
Pondering life's mysteries in Grandma's back yard:
Doing her 28th round of "Ring Around the Rosie" on a light pole (again with the poles, my daughers?!!):
With Thanksgiving just a few days away and December fast on its heels, I'm already working on a list of fun things to put in our Activity Advent Calendar this year. I wish my camera took better photos of all the cuteness and fun (or maybe it's operator malfunction?), but I'm excited to see what the rest of this fall has in store for the Bears!
Okay, I don't even know where to start with this post...
ReplyDeleteFirst, Target coats - freakin' adorable, especially the offset-ness of Keira's and the ruffles at the bottom of Ellie's.
Second, Keira's tree pose and Ellie's movie enraptured look - priceless.
Third, Peppa Pig IS awesome! And I highly expect to hear some British accents out of those girls at our next play date.
Fourth, way to keep that long car ride so entertaining. Phil won't even consider a road trip like that because of trying to keep the kids (and himself) from going stir-crazy.
Fifth (and last), Keira's writing - AMAZING! I know I've said this before, but she is a kinder teacher's dream. In all my years of teaching, I had plenty of kids who started school with an impressive grasp of many different concepts, reading, letter recognition, phonemic awareness, math vocabulary, etc, etc, but NEVER EVER in my career did I EVER have a single student who could write even a tenth as well as her. I don't know what you did with that girl but you are AMAZING as well!!!!!!!!!!!