
The picture doesn't really do it justice; this thing is about as big as my palm and looks like something Bear Grylls would encounter and possibly (ugh) cook as a campfire dinner in the wilderness.
We have no idea what it is, but the girls had the following comments:
Ellie: "I think it's a ranch bug." (Yeah, I dunno what that means, either.)
Keira: "We could punch it in the face..."
Um, no. That would involve touching it. And acknowledging that it has a face. But it's good to know she's willing to brawl with nature for no apparent reason. Maybe Bear Grylls needs a sidekick: "Man and Child vs. Wild"
Ellie: "We could squish it to see what's inside it. [grin] Maybe there's candy inside!"
So really, this is less an issue of "What the hell is that bug on our doorstep?" and more an issue of "What is wrong with our children?! And why does Ellie associate disgusting insects with pinatas?"
I don't think we'll ever know the answer to any of these questions, but I'll be content if that creature takes up residence elsewhere. Soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!