Poor Ellie-bug seems to be teething some more, because although I can't feel any bumps on her gums yet, she's drooling rivers down our arms when we hold her, chomping ferociously on everything within mouth's reach, and waking up every 1-3 hours all night long, desperately wanting to nurse and be held. It's been a month now since this teething episode began, and two chompers and four sleep-deprived weeks later, I'd really like to know what need a five-month-old has for a mouthful of teeth, anyway?!
In any case, I'm trying to soak up the extra snuggle time and not be too impatient for this phase to pass. At least she's a pretty happy baby most of the time still...
...and unless I try to put her down for bed at night (which results in an immediate round of "Oh, no, you did NOT just do that WAHHHHHHHHHSHRIEEEEEEKPICKMEUPNOWORSO
HELPMEI'LLUSETHESETEETHONYOUMAMAAAA!") she's pretty content at night, too:

This has left Keira with a lot of time to entertain herself:
and now that she's ending sentences with "...right here on Nickelodeon!" I think we can safely say we're failing miserably in the limiting TV time department. We'll have to remedy that as soon as I can collect 3 or 4 consecutive hours of sleep again. Someday....?
Oh the lovely teething stage. I swear my son is just stuck in that stage. Anyhoo--she's such a cutie! Does she have a Sophie the Giraffe? That was the ONE teething toy that my son absolutely loves. I'm not sure what we would do without Sophie!
ReplyDeleteHope you can get some more sleep soon!