Friday, April 15, 2011

Written and Illustrated by Keira

Keira's been on a writing and drawing kick lately, and our floors, walls, and counters are constantly covered with pieces of paper she's been working on. Here are some of my favorites...

This is her and Bear looking through the telescope in the back yard: She wrote this for Ellie on her birthday: I love these flowers! A love note for Bear and me: These are the caterpillars in their cup: This one's taped in the doorway of the playroom:

I found this one in her room, but I'm not sure who it was for...and she's not sick, but whatever:

Yesterday, after Grammy sent her a replacement for the Pegasus she lost in San Diego, she sat down and wrote this letter all by herself. It says, "Dear Grammy, I sended you this note because [Keira really does pronounce it "pee-cause"] I wanted to say thank you for my Pegasus. Love, Keira." Melt!

I wish I could find the note she wrote at Grandma's house the other day--it said, "DOO NOT HIT YER SISTR." Guess who that was for?

I love that Kiwi has to confidence to write and sound out words on her own, and I can't believe how good some of her drawings are lately. I think we should add "author/illustrator" to her long list of potential careers!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Crystal! She is so smart and advanced. In five years of teaching Kinder, I never had a student who came in writing anything as close to what she is doing. I had plenty who could read but none that ever tried to sound out words or could write that many high frequency words by the time they started school. As for her drawings, I love when they make the people as circles with arms and legs coming straight out of their heads!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!