(in no particular order)
1) Cell phones. Why is it that kids these days are apparently born knowing how to text message? I swear, she's got the thumb action down already. (And why is it that I'm suddenly old enough to use the phrase "kids these days"??) When no cell phones are available, anything--a block, a Little People animal, etc.--can easily be used as a phone, too.
1) Cell phones. Why is it that kids these days are apparently born knowing how to text message? I swear, she's got the thumb action down already. (And why is it that I'm suddenly old enough to use the phrase "kids these days"??) When no cell phones are available, anything--a block, a Little People animal, etc.--can easily be used as a phone, too.
2) Underwear. That's right, I said it: my daughter is an Underwear Gnome. Any pile of laundry that comes out of the dryer is immediate scavenged for underwear, which immediately becomes a hat or necklace for as long as we let her wear it.
3) Running. I cannot WAIT until we have a house with a yard so she can play outside all she wants! For now, I take her to the park as much as I can, or put her down at the mall and let her run in front of me if it's not too crowded. Passersby seem to enjoy the running, giggling, arm-flapping toddler in their midst.
4) Baby Einstein. Oh, how I wish I had invented this stuff! Those videos must cost $5 to make and then profit gazillions...and they're well worth it, because they buy us peaceful showers and a chance to cook dinner!
5) Cinnamon pretzels. Yes, I am a terrible mother and have passed on to my daughter the pretzel addiction, which means that anytime we enter a mall or a Target, she immediately looks for the food court and starts asking, "Pah?" (Does it earn me any points back if I say that I brush off most of the sugar first? No? Oh, well.)
3) Running. I cannot WAIT until we have a house with a yard so she can play outside all she wants! For now, I take her to the park as much as I can, or put her down at the mall and let her run in front of me if it's not too crowded. Passersby seem to enjoy the running, giggling, arm-flapping toddler in their midst.
4) Baby Einstein. Oh, how I wish I had invented this stuff! Those videos must cost $5 to make and then profit gazillions...and they're well worth it, because they buy us peaceful showers and a chance to cook dinner!
5) Cinnamon pretzels. Yes, I am a terrible mother and have passed on to my daughter the pretzel addiction, which means that anytime we enter a mall or a Target, she immediately looks for the food court and starts asking, "Pah?" (Does it earn me any points back if I say that I brush off most of the sugar first? No? Oh, well.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!