Thursday, February 28, 2008

A couple of firsts

1) Tomorrow night, my sister is going to babysit Keira so Greg and I can go to a movie. Believe it or not, this is the first time since she was born that I've been away from her at bedtime! When she was a baby, she was so attached to me that she freaked out if I wasn't the one who put her down. Now she's a pretty easy toddler and I'm 99% sure she won't care one bit that I'm away (especially since aunts are MUCH more fun than moms!), but I'll admit to being a tiny bit nervous about it. If nothing else, Aunt Jen can just feed her Pop Rocks and ice cream until we get home, right? (Just kidding, Aunt Jen...and while I'm at it, let me remind you of the "No Tattoos Or Piercings Until Preschool" rule in our household. Yes, we're strict.)

2) It's official: next year, I'm going to be jobsharing in (insert ominous music here, please)....KINDERGARTEN! I've made it through the past six years of teaching without being urinated or vomited on, hardly tying any shoes, and with minimal tears--from the kids, anyway--and all of that is going to change come August. My new partner is awesome and the whole kindergarten team is so helpful, so I know I'll end up loving it...but again, a little nervous. I don't even know all the verses to "The Hokey Pokey." Clearly, I have some preparing to do.

If you've actually read all of that text, here's your reward: a video of Keira feeding herself yogurt (which, she has recently discovered, makes an excellent hair mousse) and showing off her mad counting skills.


Click to play Mmmmmm, yogurt!
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a postcard - it's easy!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha, that is adorable! I love her little voice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you haven't left Keira until now. Dan and I went out when Madison was 2 weeks old. Granted...I was a little kooky thinking she was going to die without me, but she was fine.

    Also, be prepared to tie lots of shoes...that's practically all I did when I student-taught in Kindergarten. That and repeat myself 10 or 20 times with each instruction. Yes, repeating 10 or 20 times. Repeating...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL.. I figured I should at least wait until my second baby sitting experience before tattoos and belly button rings... Now that she can count, she may decide she wants TWO tattoos.. LoL. She is adorable.. just when I think that there is no possible way for her to be any cuter.. she does! :) My little "Kiwi" -- you are the most adorable little person to ever walk the face of this earth. :)

    Love,
    Aunt jenny

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!