Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Keira-isms Galore

Now that Keira is such a talker (ironic, considering that around the one-year mark, I became convinced that she'd be speaking in gobbledegook for the rest of her life!), it's so fun to have conversations with her and crack up at the random stuff she comes up with. Here are a few of my recent favorites:


  • We went Father's Day shopping today, and as usual, she wanted to hold my bank card while we were in the checkout line. When we got to the front, she handed it to the cashier and said, "Debit? Debit?" I must admit, I was a little embarrassed--how does the daughter of a cheapskate like me become such a shopaholic? The lady behind us was cracking up, and when I said, "Oh, my God, I can't believe my daughter can say 'debit!'" she said, "Well, at least she doesn't say 'credit'!" True...

  • At another store, I returned something and got cash back. Keira reached for it and said, "Moneys?" and I said, "You don't need that--what would you buy?" Without missing a beat, she replied, "Cookies?" Both of the guys behind the counter found this hilarious and told her, "Good answer!"

  • Yesterday, we pulled into the garage and I turned off the car, but kept singing the song that had been playing (from my fabulous David Cook compilation CD, courtesy of Bittle!). Keira yelled, "No?!" and when I asked, "No what?" she said, "No singin' Mommy!" Apparently, I will not be auditioning for "American Idol" myself anytime soon.

  • When we're driving in the car and she's been quiet for a while, I'll usually ask her, "How are you doing back there? Doing good?" She'll say, "Yeah?" and then I say, "You're precious!" Well, now when we ask how she's doing, she says, "Good n' preshis?" If we're driving and I haven't checked on her in a while, she'll just say it herself: "Doin' good? An' preshis?" And if you say the word "good" or "precious" she will immediately add the other one.

  • Today she snuck into our bedroom, where I had the ladder propped against the wall, and climbed onto the first step. When I came in and found her, she yelled, "Nice gol?!" Sadly, I had to inform her that climbing what she calls the "up-up-up" is NOT being a Nice Girl.

  • Last night, she was sitting in my lap and suddenly leaned in and gave me the sweetest little kiss, and said, "Yuv youuuu!" *melt* It's only within the past few days that she's started a) saying "you" after the "Yuv!" and b) starting saying it spontaneously. Awwww.

Here's a video of her doing her never-ending rendition of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star":


Random Movie Review:

For the first time in ages, I watched a DVD last night and felt so proud of myself! TV has just been too good lately (and it's important that I note here that I use the word "good" in a way that may or may not have anything to do with quality...hence, "The Bachelorette") and we ended up putting Netflix on hold and guiltily ignoring the many movies friends and family have loaned us to watch. Now that season finale time has passed, I decided to start out slow and watched The Holiday with Jude Law and Cameron Diaz, and my official rating is...eh. I guess it's the grown-up in me that can't find Jude Law attractive anymore--the sleaziness of boinking his kids' nanny overshadows his charms or something. Oh, well. It wasn't bad enough to make me turn it off; it just wasn't good enough for me to rave over. Now, if I can just get myself to dive into Season One of "The Office," I'll make about a zillion friends/family members happy...I swear, you Office people are like a cult!

3 comments:

  1. The Keira-isms are the cutest ever! I love how they see the world so differently sometimes!

    Also, how can you NOT have watched The Office yet??? I don't know if we can be friends now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that video was too cute! And I love the "good and precious" - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL.. Her video is adorable!! :) .. dude! You have not seen the office? I think I'm on Season 2.. if I've seen more than you, you know you need to get watching! LoL. Yuv!! :)

    Aunt Jen Jen

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!