I have no actual photos of her with animals, because this is how she felt about getting close to them:

After that, we went home and got Greg, and went to the aquarium:
We ate at a restaurant near the pier before we left, and when the waiter came over to take our order, Keira gave him a huge, flirty grin and said, "Coke, pweeze!" What?! I didn't realize she even knew how to order at a restaurant, and neither of us ever order Coke...how does she even know what that is? (Grandmas, I'm lookin' at you!)
Here's the traditional "conked out on the way home" photo (yes, I fixed her head...after I took the picture):
Poor Binks was all frazzled after such a busy day, so she had a hard time settling down and going to sleep that night. She woke up once during the night, kind of crying in her sleep, so I turned on the monitor and heard her say, tearfully, "Mommy help you...Mommy help you" and then go back to sleep. My heart almost broke! "Mommy help you" is what I say to her if she's scared (i.e. when a giant cow is munching hay 2 feet away) or if she's getting frustrated with something, and now she said it to comfort herself!
We've also noticed lately that if she sees a dog outside and gets nervous, she'll whimper but then say in this high-pitched, reassuring voice, "OK, not hurt you!" the way we do. She's becoming quite the little copycat, too, repeating random words she overhears (just ask Uncle Andy about the "sucks" incident of last week!).
Love the pictures! She is too cute. I love how she said "Mommy help you", and it's so funny because I say the same thing to Eliza and so when she needs something, she'll repeat that exact line. Many of your Keira posts remind me so much of Eliza! By the way, the candy land theme would be so adorable!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day! It's always so sad when they wake up and talks enough in their sleep for you to know that they are not having good dreams. The repeating thing will stick around for awhile too! And it's way cute...but we do have to watch what we say...very carefully. :-)
ReplyDelete