Monday, June 23, 2008

Wild Things Part 2

Dear Not-so-Itsy-Bitsy Spider,

Let us all rue the day I found you hanging from the outside (thank God) of our screen door. I never enjoy the idea of ending a life, and for all I know, you could be the Angelina Jolie of black widows--not only because you were apparently preparing to repopulate the earth (considering the size and CRUNCH of your abdomen), but also because for all I know, you were considered a do-gooder, and/or smokin' hot, by your fellow spiders. Knowing that I have ended what may have been a very happy, prosperous life for you does not bring me joy; however, neither did the idea of one of us being bitten by you or your offspring. Hey, I've seen Spider-Man 1 AND 2, and let me assure you that no one in our household is interested in having great power OR responsibility at this time. RIP, Not-so-Itsy-Bitsy Spider!



*shudder*

And, to balance that out, here's a lovely photo of the baby hummingbird who frequents our yard...let's all go to the Happy Place now, shall we?

In other news, our own little Wild Thing is very excited, because Grampy got her a "cycle"! She doesn't know how to pedal it yet, but she sort of scoots around on it and loves to put various stuffed animals, bottled beverages, or random toys in the little basket to tote around.
She's also becoming quite the little Mommy, and insists on bringing at least two stuffed animals everywhere we go:

And "wild" is the perfect way to describe my third-graders, whom I will be "teaching" (and by "teaching" I mean "supervising and passing the time with") for the last time this week. School's almost out, baby! I've got Math Olympics, Game Day, awards, and a party to prepare for, but hopefully we'll have a good time and they won't behave like drunk monkeys hanging from the ceiling (to paraphrase Bill Cosby), like they did last week. Let the countdown begin!

1 comment:

  1. that spider will give me nightmares. Like you, I'm always torn when I smoosh a bug, but yeck! That thing had to go...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!