Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Project Candyland

After much hemming and hawing, I think we finally have a plan for Keira's playroom (and by "we" I mostly mean "I," because I'm pretty sure I could tell Greg that we're doing a Manatees in Space theme and he'd be fine with it. He's pretty good about choosing his battles and is just agreeable like that.).

Candyland, baby! I love this print and though it costs a small fortune, I'm thinking we can maybe do something similar as a wall mural using decals and/or an overhead projector:



Then I ran across these lollipop flower decals, which will either a) go perfectly with the jellybean tree, or b) make the room so overwhelmingly busy that people will have instant seizures when they walk in. I'm hoping for a).



This is going to be my project in July, when I'm off-track and have nothing to do besides work on the house...and my master's degree...and figuring out what on EARTH goes on in kindergarten before I take (half) charge of a class full of 5-year-olds. I'm predicting that I'll spend about 749 hours on the playroom, 4 frantic hours on my class, and try to do the Kindergarten Panic throughout both.

Speaking of colorful, here's Miss Keira after she tried on some of my makeup today while I was getting ready. That's concealer on her face, mostly, with some lipstick on one cheek that you can hardly see in the photo...I canNOT stop laughing at this pic for some reason. Her face is just hilarious, like an innocent (and possibly stoned) puppy.


Here she is, kickin' back in her new beanbag chair with her kitty children (whom she still feeds and gives bottles of water at least once a day, along with attempts at diaper changes).

1 comment:

  1. ooo...I really love the candy theme, especially with the bright colors which would make it easy to match bedspreads and other solid colors. And good luck with figuring out kindergarten! I really love it though and the kids are so sweet...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!