W is for Walking
So I ended up going to Relay for Life by myself after Keira went to bed last night, though I had wanted to bring her along and, of course, take oodles of cute pics of her in a hat and sunglasses (not to mention 18 gallons of sunscreen). Things were just too busy during the day, so I ended up walking from 11pm-ish to 1:30ish, which probably burned off a good 200 of the 765,459,081 calories I consumed yesterday. Hooray! Here are a few pics I took, though my camera wasn't cooperating since it was a little dark out there...
There's a guy who lost his dad to cancer and spends a ton of money each year to spell out "love you, Dad" on the bleachers using the luminary bags, which are a $10 donation each!
Here's a bird's-eye view of the whole thing:

I can't wait to find out how much money our team raised altogether. The total goal for the event was to raise $400K, which it almost did last year!
I can't wait to find out how much money our team raised altogether. The total goal for the event was to raise $400K, which it almost did last year!
W is for Weeds
As in, we now have none! Well, almost none. The landscapers started working on our yard yesterday and got a TON done already. Out of guilt for having almost nothing in the house for the poor guys to eat (they arrived at 7am, tried to order a pizza around 10am and found that none of the pizza places open until 11am--so much for this being the land of opportunity!), I baked some chocolate chip cookies...hence the 765,459,081 calories, which consisted of 90% cookie dough, 8% cookies, 1% oatmeal for breakfast, and 1% assorted junk food at the Relay. Anyway, here's our weed-free backyard:
(If you actually looked at this pic with anything resembling interest, I love you. You are clearly a loving friend/family member, a very bored stranger, or an Oscar-caliber actor. Either way, bless you for spending a moment of your life looking at a photo of dirt.)
(If you actually looked at this pic with anything resembling interest, I love you. You are clearly a loving friend/family member, a very bored stranger, or an Oscar-caliber actor. Either way, bless you for spending a moment of your life looking at a photo of dirt.)
Lastly, W is for Wakeful
Our little firecracker is boycotting naps these days (though, thankfully, she's still sleeping at night). She stays in there and yells, sings, rolls, dances, counts, and occasionally strips naked in her crib until Mommy gives up and gets her back up after an hour or so. That must explain why she still looked like this at 9am a few mornings ago!
LoL.. I love her make-up pictures.. she's going to go to beauty school when she gets older!! LoL
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the Lolli pop border! That would be so adorable for her playroom! :)
Love,
Aunt Jen Jen