Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

We went to Grandma and Pap-Pap W's for 4th of July, which is a handy place to go because you can see the fireworks from their front yard. I decided to try making the American Flag Cake in Parents magazine (which is filled with Really Cute Ideas I Always Plan to Attempt But Never Do), and here's how it turned out...you won't be seeing me featured on Ace of Cakes anytime soon, but it wasn't half-bad by my standards:

Patriotic Binks:


A rare family pic (please tell me I don't always look this dweeby!):


About to slay an unpatriotic vampire, or just twirling excitedly with a flag? You be the judge.

The Beaws. Why does my head look so skinny??

Awww...a kiss for her great-great grandma!

OK, funniest thing EVER: at the zoo entrance the other day, they took a pic of the three of us, and the guy said to Greg and me, "Stick your elbows out and we'll put a toucan on each of your arms." When I went to look up the photo online today, I found that a) they did not, in fact, insert the toucans, so we just look like huge morons, and b) Keira heard his instructions and stuck her elbow out, too! I laughed for about an hour when I saw this:
(I think that if I actually bought the photo, they'd go ahead and insert those digital toucans...and doubt that this was an elaborate ruse on behalf of the zoo. But, I could be wrong!)

3 comments:

  1. I think your cake is worthy of many many magazines plus Food Network. And I had to laugh about the Toucan picture (or the lack of). He must have been getting you back for not buying the picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks delish! Sounds like you guys had a great 4th with your family. And you don't look fabulous in your family picture.
    Er, not the toucan one. HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The toucan picture makes my day, that is hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!