If there is a God of Road Trips with Toddlers, I'd like to request that everyone do whatever dance/ritual he/she/it requires to ensure that tomorrow's 6 (8?) hour car ride goes as smoothly as humanly possible. We're off to visit my parents in their new house up in Northern California, so this will be our first "real" vacation since Keira was born; too bad it can't last more than 4 days, but I have to be back in time for Kindergarten Orientation on Friday morning. (I could not be less prepared, mentally or otherwise, to go back to teaching right now...which is always the point I get to right before it's time to go back. You go from exhausted, to Highly Motivated, back to exhausted, and then settle into Vacation Mode right around the time you have to start thinking like a grown-up again. Or, at least, that's how it works for me.)
When we get back, I'll have tons of pics from our road trip and sightseeing, along with a Candy Playroom update (lollipop flowers have begun sprouting up!). Right now, I have way too much cleaning and packing to do...off we go!
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sending you good luck vibes on your road trip ahead! For us, the portable DVD player is more than worth the cost!
ReplyDelete