- As I was pushing her in her stroller at Kohl's yesterday, she suddenly declared, "I'm happy." I said, "You're happy?" and she said, "Yeah...Mommy's happy too?" How could Mommy NOT be happy??
- She was wearing little cargo capris a few days ago and playing the the pockets. I said, "Look, you can put stuff in your pockets, like toys...what do you want to put in there?" She said, "Uhhhhhh...mac an' cheese in dere?" Um, that would be a no.
- While swinging on the big-girl swing, she said out of nowhere, "Mommy so nice." And she's too young to be flattering me into buying her stuff (I think)!
- All answers to questions posed to her now begin with a long, "Uhhhhhh...." first. Apparently she gets this from me, because it started with her telling the grocery cashier, "Uhhhhh....debit?" about 87 times while she rang up our groceries last weekend.
- She calls Chick-Fil-A "Chickle-fay."
- When I went back into the bedroom to put away laundry, she came looking for me and yelled, "Mommyyyyyyyyyy, where ah you? I need more MILK!!"
- Tonight, we walked down to the mailbox (ours is at the end of our street) and she carried the keys, as always. At one point, she said, clear as day, "Can you hode da keys real quick?"
- The words actually ("ak-shee"), sometimes, and real quick are used at random throughout the day--I don't think she really knows what they mean. A few nights ago, she brought Greg some "food" from her play kitchen, and he said, "Thanks, Binks! You're such a nice girl," and as she ran back to her kitchen, she said, "Sometimes!"
And here she is, looking very grown-up and important as she carries the mail AND the keys on the way back (Mommy and Daddy are becoming obsolete way too quickly). All she needs is a Starbucks cup in her hand.

This is at "Chickle-fay" in the play area.
I can't believe how grown up she is! What are we going to do about this? Before we know it she wil ACTUALLY be of legal age to get her belly button pierced and tattoos! .. she MUST be stopped!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Aunt Jen Jen
Wow, she's got a lot of words! And uses them so sweetly too!
ReplyDeleteShe definitely looks grown up. Too grown up, IMO. Our little October babies are going to be plain old kiddos here pretty soon.