Monday, December 1, 2008

Magical Powers

Cubby decided this morning that she'd like to try on the princess/fairy costume Grandma Marmee and Pop-Pop got her for her birthday (for some reason, she refused to try on the gloves, though). She calls it her Sleeping Beauty dress, and apparently putting it on caused her to summon the witch from "Dora Saves the Snow Princess." We may need to get her into some kind of 12-step program to cure the Dora addiction before it gets too much worse.

In case you missed that, she said, "My wand is broken! My powers are GONE!" What a cheeseball.

By the way, I'm beginning to think that pregnancy has endowed me with (useless) magical powers of my own. Remember the Bark O-paw-ma dream? That happened a few nights before Obama was elected and announced that his daughters were getting a new puppy. Coincidence? Perhaps. But last night, I had a very complicated and serious dream that I found out I was HIV-positive and was trying to figure out how I'd contracted it, and how I would pay for the AZT I would need to start taking immediately...and this morning, I woke up to find out that it's World AIDS Day (which is not a day that I have committed to memory, by any stretch). So, apparently I have the ability to occasionally predict the very-near and inconsequential future. Not that AIDS is inconsequential, of course, but you know what I mean.

If I find a way to use my powers for something, well, useful (lottery numbers, locations of upcoming natural disasters, timing of pooey diapers so I can make Bear change them all...) I'll be sure to let everyone know.

1 comment:

  1. That video is too cute! My dd is addicted to dress and Dora too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!