Friday, January 16, 2009

Four Giggles

Giggle #1:
The warning stenciled on the back of this truck, which was driving next to me on the freeway the other day. That's how I would have worded it!

(It says, "THIS VEHICLE MAKES RIDICULOUSLY WIDE TURNS")

Giggle #2:
I dropped my car off for an oil change the other day while Bear, Cub, and I went to my 28 week checkup, and the dealership called back an hour or so later to say that my fuel pump appears to be nonfunctional, to the tune of $650. I declined the repair until I could verify it with my dad, Car Guy Extraordinaire, and the guy said the car was ready to go, so we picked it up.

Cut to the next day, when my phone rings and it's the service manager from the dealership.

Manager: "I have something really embarrassing to tell you. When the guys noticed your car was cranking yesterday, they put it up on the lift and tested your fuel pump and called you back...but each of them thought the other had already changed your oil. The truth it, your oil did not actually get changed. I'm so sorry and was very upset with them--"

Me: [cracking up] "Sounds like something I would do. I'll bring it back this weekend!"

How would I have known if he hadn't called? Seriously, they could take it for a 30-minute joyride, drive through Del Taco for a snack, and then put the little sticker in the window and ring up the oil change, and I'd never know the difference.

Giggle #3:
So there's this segment they play on Noggin (a.k.a. Dora's channel) with a moose singing the most catchy rhymey song of all time, called "Everywhere I Go," and Bear and I can't get it out of our heads. It goes something like, "Jam is the jelliest/Rain's the umbrelly-est/Buttons are the belly-est/Wishing is the well-iest...everywhere I go!" and continues on for several verses like that (click here if you care enough to watch for yourself, and I double-dog dare you not to go around thinking in these verses for the rest of your life).

Earlier this week, I left a little note for Bear on our shower wall, using one of Cubby's bath crayons:

"Arnold is the gov-iest/My Bear is the loviest!"

When I went to shower the next morning, I found:

"Clowns are the clowniest/Your belly is the round-iest!"

I countered with:

"Showers are the toastiest/I love you the mostiest!"

and Bear followed up the next day with:

"Jon Stewart is the Jew-iest/Your eyes are the bluey-est!"

Clearly, this could go on forever--in 60 years, we could still be going, "Christie is the Brinkley-est/Your face is the wrinkly-est..." (assuming, of course, that we get a little meaner in our old age). Anyway, it gives me a good giggle every time I get in the shower and find a new rhyme from Bear.

Giggle #4:
Pigtailed Cubby playing the drums at playgroup:

1 comment:

  1. hahaha..
    Laugh at me all you want(which I know you will, if I'm anything like you)
    But, I decided to go check out the clip of the song, and BAM! Its stuck in my head like gum in a childs hair.

    Wow!

    Thanks for the laughs.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!