- Cubby Two is considered "viable" if he/she were born right now (although we definitely want him/her to stay in for another 12ish weeks)
- He/she is starting to dream, can recognize voices, and will supposedly blink if a bright light is shone on my belly...which means that if I sit close enough to the TV, he/she can probably follow the new season of "LOST" at least as well as I'll be able to.
- I'm back to sleeping 9-11 hours a night, and still waking up feeling like I've been at a frat party all night instead of snoozing cozily--or, as cozily as one can snooze when someone apparently IS having the fetus version of a frat party inside her belly, anyway.
- I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm beginning to waddle and/or walk like someone three times my age by the end of the day
- I'm having a baby in less than three months!!!
I'm alternating between barely feeling pregnant, and feeling like I should have my own ZIP code, depending on the day. The girl who cut my hair the other day couldn't believe I was 7 months along, and the cashier agreed, "I didn't even notice you were pregnant!" which is a comment I get pretty often and probably translates to, "You could totally just pass for fat!" if I chose to see it that way...which I try not to. It's important to treasure these rare periods in life when dieting and "sucking it in" are no longer an option, so I choose to (mostly) embrace the belly:
Bear and I are getting really excited to meet Cubby Two--and Bear uses the word "excited" very sparingly, so that means something! If he ever won the lottery, I'm pretty sure he'd respond with a nod, a smile, and "Sweeeet," and that'd be about it, but he happens to find the whole labor-and-delivery experience fun (perhaps largely because he doesn't have to do any dilating?) and says he can't wait to do it all over again.
Truth be told, we'd both choose another girl if it were up to us: Bear, because he feels he's destined to be an island of testosterone in a sea of estrogen, and me, because I'm afraid of newborn baby boy parts and the decisions that come with them. Then again, I've been known to "ooh" and "awww!" over tiny little button-down shirts and sweater vests, and I know we'll adore little Tokay if that's who ends up being in there...even though Bear forbids me to dress hypothetical-him "like a tiny Chandler Bing."
Here's a video of Cubby in the bathtub, singing
1) "Bate Bate Chocolate": a song about stirring chocolate from "Dora," and
2) something apparently called "Nice and Easy" from "Yo Gabba Gabba." This seems to be a song about being quiet, though, ironically, she sang it at the top of her lungs in the grocery checkout yesterday
She is tooo cute! I can see why you want another little cubby. She even sounds like Dora.
ReplyDeleteI think you make a very cute preggo woman! Are you nesting yet? How do you even know what to get ready for? Why am I asking questions on a blog comment section where the person obviously cannot answer back? I think I'll email you. :-)
You look wonderful!!!
ReplyDelete