Sunday, May 17, 2009

Explorers Extraordinaire

Grammy gave Keira a new book last week--Fancy Nancy: Explorers Extraordinaire--which is about a little girl who starts a club to explore her backyard for cool insects and plants (all the while being as fancy as possible, of course). Yesterday morning, Keira and I went outside before it got too hot, and did some exploring of our own.


We couldn't find her magnifying glass, so she used a bubble wand instead (note her fancy exploring hat):





These are the sunflowers we planted a couple of weeks ago. She LOVES to water them every day...hopefully we'll get actual flowers before the plants outgrow the pot they're in!


I photographed some of the "wildlife" we encountered, just like Fancy Nancy and her friends do:


Check out this bizarre creature!



So that took up a good 20 minutes before Keira decided it was time to go inside and watch a "Dora" and get some breakfast.

Here she is at lunchtime, with her new lunch bag I got on clearance at Target in hopes that the novelty would encourage her to eat more. It's kind of working, and she gets super excited to see what I packed for her each day.

"Can you open this so I can eat it?" Ummm....no.

Another thing she loves these days is to give Ellie kisses. If I lay Ellie down on the ground to play, Keira will lay down next to her and sigh, "My little girrrs" because the first time she did it, that's what I said (although I pronounced "girls" correctly).


Here's a new pic of Ellie, who's growing and changing way too fast for us to keep up with these days:

2 comments:

  1. Wow..she has changed a lot! I love the picture where it looks like Ellie is winking. And I love how creative Keira is!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!