Friday, May 15, 2009

Fool Me Once...

As a wise former President once said, "Food me once, shame on--shame on...you. Fool me...y'see, you can't get fooled again!" After the whole head-bopping, picking-up-the-baby situation a few days ago, I should have been 100% convinced that Keira cannot be trusted alone with Elliana...but, like a complete idiot, I left Ellie on the floor in our room with Keira while I threw away a stinky diaper, and came back 10 seconds later to find Ellie's upper lip green.

Why green, you ask? Perhaps I should add that I left my baby alone with my toddler AND the jelly beans said toddler had been snacking on. I'm about as smart as that "wise former President," apparently.

I panicked for a second before realizing that a) Ellie was breathing fine and b) Keira had jelly bean dye all over her face, so maybe she'd just kissed Ellie on the mouth and gotten some on her. I put my finger in Ellie's mouth and found nothing. Whew! Still a huge, careless mistake on my part, but everything was fine...until Ellie opened her mouth and I saw that her tongue was green, too. Apparently, Keira had fed her a green jellybean, and Ellie had (thank God, Allah, Buddha, Shiva, Zeus, and Oprah) spit it back out rather than choking on it, as she very well could have.

Needless to say, I've spent the rest of the day playing "What if?" scenarios over and over in my head, berating myself for almost letting something horrible happen to my baby, and generally feeling sick over the whole thing. It's a good thing my hair is blonde and doesn't show gray easily, because I'm sure that between Keira's panty-stripping parade down the block, finding her holding Ellie, and now this, I must have sprouted a ton of them in the past couple of months!

So, I'm beginning to think my toddler is a robot sent from the future to destroy Ellie for some reason, and I guess that would make me John Connor. My little Terminator has good intentions, but for now, Ellie will be stuck to me like glue during all of Keira's waking hours.

Here's my smiley-face girl...I realize I'm neglecting Keira right now in the photo department, but as I've said, I have a huge deficit of Ellie pics that I'm trying to compensate for right now. Keira continues to be adorable and hilarious, and I'll get some good ones of her again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Super adorable picture of Ellie! As for your mischievous toddler, maybe we should distract her again soon with another Silas/Keira play date.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!