Friday, May 29, 2009

Keira Quotes

Our little Kiwi-Fruit has been full of gems lately. Here's a sampling:
  • On my first day doing the "30 Day Shred" workout, Keira was watching me with a mixture of interest and confusion. At one point, Jillian says, "Okay, drop it down for pushups." I'm on the floor, struggling my way through pushup number two, when Keira squats down in front of me, puts her face right up to mine, and says very seriously, "She said drop it down, Mama." I crack up and fall flat on my belly...and when I resume, she tells me again, "No, Mama, you have to drop it down." Personal trainer in the making?
  • In the car, talking about Elliana: "She's my little sister. She loves me soooooo much! She's my friend."
  • Protesting bedtime: "But she wants to play in playroom for a few whiles!!"
  • When I was watching her try out the discman we bought her (our futile attempt to escape listening to Dora songs in the car all the time--she doesn't like it): "I don't want you to smile at me, Mom."
  • One day, Ellie had a diaper explosion and I said, "Uh-oh, Ellie has a pooey situation. Let's go change her." A few nights later, when Bear helped her onto the potty, Keira told him, "You have to wait in the living room, Daddy. I have a pooey situation."

Also, I think the little tyke is learning how to lie! Several times lately, she's been doing something she shouldn't (i.e. swiping the jar of sprinkles off the counter and dumping them out) and will wait until she's done, and then announce what she's NOT doing: "I'm not doing anything with the sprinkles, Mom!" Now, technically, she is telling the truth...but I think we know where this is headed!

Here are some pics from our day at the beach on Wednesday:

I took Keira on the Ferris wheel (no pics of that, but she yelled, "This is REALLY fun!!" about 10,000 times and loved it) and then Bear took her on the carousel, which she also loved:

Pigeons, squirrels, and other small creatures should have some type of early warning system for when Keira's in the area, because she loves to chase them:


We took the ferry over to Balboa Island:

It was breezy and getting chilly on the beach, so we let her play in the sand for a bit and then headed home:



Here's Ellie-bug, all bundled up!


2 comments:

  1. ha ha...don't you just love all the great things they say! Sometimes I wish I had a tape recorder with me at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is hilarious! And love the little pic of E. Adorable, of course!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!