Yesterday was a big day for both of the girls (and for Bear and I). Ellie finally realized that Bear is not, in fact, trying to feed her poison--or grody milk anymore--and took a bottle from him without freaking out. After we solved the whole milk problem, I had thought we were home-free, but Miss Bug had another trick up her sleeve. Now that this (hopefully last) hurdle is over, I can enjoy my concert and Bear can enjoy an evening home with the girls!
Keira celebrated a milestone of her own last night: her first night sleeping in a big-girl bed! Bear came home with a new toddler bed and Sleeping Beauty bedding, and she was so excited she could hardly stand it. She was right there "helping" as he put the bed together:
At bedtime, she did ask me to stay with her for a few minutes, and she woke up a little confused around 5am this morning, but all in all, she did great for her first night in a new bed. Here she is, picking out her bedtime stories:
And here's our little Sleeping Beauty, all snuggled up!
We put a gate in the doorway to her room to prevent her roaming the house during the night, but this morning I left her in her room for a few minutes while I went to feed Ellie...and wouldn't you know it, our little monkey came running down the hall before I could go back to get her. I asked, "How did you get out?" and she said, "She just climbed UP! and over the gate. And fell down." She said this very matter-of-factly, as if to imply, "Duh--what did you expect?!" Looks like we'll have to find another way to contain the mischief...
Too cute all snuggled up in her bed. :)
ReplyDeleteWe need to do that, like, now.