Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Keira did something so sweet tonight that it literally made me cry! She never calls us Mama and Dada to our faces--if I ask her, "Who's that?" and point to Greg, she'll say, "Da?" and vice versa, but that's about it. Tonight, I was combing her hair after her bath, and she just looked up into my face and said, "Mama?" as clear as day, and then leaned in and gave me a little kiss on the lips! I just about melted into a puddle on the floor.

(Note: if you're overwhelmed by the sappiness of this story, allow me to add that she had just relieved herself in the bathtub, causing me to end the bath early and do some unenjoyable cleanup...so really, this was all about her trying to make it up to me with her cuteness. And it worked.)

1 comment:

  1. That is so adorable. Just wait til they say "Mommy" I think it's so much sweeter with the "mee" part at the end. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!