Movie night went great last night! We met a couple of friends for dinner and then saw No Country for Old Men. The only other 2007 movie I have to compare it to so far is Bee Movie, but for what it's worth, we all really enjoyed it and I must admit that Javier Bardem out-acted Jerry Seinfeld. (Other people who can out-act my beloved Jerry Seinfeld include actors in deodorant commercials, and my parents' dog, Fritz.) We've got Michael Clayton from Netflix and hope to see There Will Be Blood sometime soon, so with any luck we'll have caught up on our 2007 Oscar nominees before the 2008 ones are announced!
I think there's some kind of law that in every movie theater, there must be one Obvious Observation Maker. This is the person who states whatever is happening on-screen as if everyone else in the theater has blindfolds on: "They're releasing the dogs." "Oh, it's money!" "He's gettin' mad now." Bud Light should really do one of those "Real Men of Genius" commercials to salute Mr. Obvious Movie Observation Maker. Since we were Those People Who Arrive Five Minutes Into the Movie, though, maybe we deserved it this time.
Keira was fine at home without us, and grossed out Aunt Jen by choosing to have kidney beans and strawberries for dinner. How's that for an appetizing combo? Every time I start to complain about what a picky eater she's become, I remember that Bill Cosby bit and realize that this is exactly the way I was as a kid. Legend has it, in fact, that I went on a Spaghettios-only streak that resulted in my skin turning orange, so I guess I shouldn't complain about Keira's 10-item food repertoire just yet!
Here's a video of one of Keira's favorite games: Stinky Armpits. Don't ask me why she finds this so funny, or what level of dorkiness I had to reach before it occurred to me to do this one day, but now she actually asks for it. I had to get the giggles on video.
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think it's great that the 2 movies of 2007 you've seen is Bee Movie and No Country for Old Men. :-) It's great being parents, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteLove that video, what a cutie pie!
ReplyDelete