Keira's doctor called back to say that her owie was, in fact, a staph infection, though the labs haven't come back yet on whether it's the resistant type. Since it's getting WAY better after starting the hardcore antibiotics, though, it's (as Joey from "Friends" would say) "a moo point" and as long as it keeps going away, there's nothing to worry about. Yippee!
Potty News
In other news related to my daughter's bootie...her new trick today was to strip naked, run into a corner, and tinkle on the floor. She did this twice before I decided to hightail it to Target and invest in a potty seat, in case this was her not-so-subtle way of telling me that she's no longer interested in this diaper nonsense. We got home, and within a minute or two, she started trying to take off her clothes again, so I went in and sat her on the potty.
Three seconds of silence....
...and then, as her potty book so vaguely puts it, "it worked!"
She said, "Done?" and clapped for herself, as I nearly wet MYself in shock that it was so easy! (And yes, I realize that by saying that, I have now guaranteed that it will never happen again.) We're not in a huge rush to get her trained, but it will help prevent any more staph infections in that area, so if she's ready, far be it from us to stop her!
***This is the end of any and all butt-related information that will be contained on this blog for quite a while...I promise!***
MORE House-Hunting
We saw several more houses on Thursday and Friday, bringing our Grand Total to approximately 165 billion that we've seen in the past month. (OK, I think the actual number is somewhere around 30.) Funny, it started out being so fun, but lately the fun had begun wearing off and the "Why the $%$@ can't we find a nice house with a decent yard??" began setting in!
We do have two houses that we really like now, so here's a peek at our finalists:
In this corner, we have House #1! It's a nearly brand-new, 3BR and 3 bath, single-story with an OK-sized back yard that needs sod. The kitchen is nice and big, it has a HUGE dining/living room, and his-and-hers walk-in closets in the gigantic master bedroom. Since it's a bank repo and has been on the market for over 200 days, there's a decent chance we can get this house at a good price and without too much hassle.

In this corner, we have House #2! It's also nearly brand-new, 3BR/3 bath, but it's a two-story with tons of upgrades: gorgeous hardwood floors, granite countertops in the kitchen, a huge walk-in pantry (Greg and our agent keep making fun of me for drooling over pantries), and a loft upstairs, plus a really nicely landscaped (but fairly small) backyard. The problem with this one is that it's a short sale, which means it's up to the seller's bank to determine the terms of the sale, and we could literally wait around for weeks or even months for a response to any offer we make...and/or then they could counter back at way more than the list price and we'd have to walk away with our bottom lips stuck out and our hands shoved in our pockets.

So, we've got decisions to make...again. Greg is passionately in love with House #2 to the point where I should be jealous, while I would probably lean toward skipping the short sale hassle and bidding on House #1 if my husband weren't so excited about the other one. Do you think this is too big a decision to make based on Rock-Paper-Scissors?
Cute Stuff
Here's a cute pic of Greg walking with Keira on the way in to Jen's and my birthday dinner a few nights ago. She looks so tiny, and yet like such a big girl!
And here's a video of Keira arguing with me about what flowers smell like (and showing off her new word: "Pew!")
Ahh..decisions decisions. I really like the second one too from what I see in the pictures, but I'm not really the one whose opinion matters. :-) That's awesome too that Keira is ready for the potty! Madison was really good for a week, but now everytime we ask her if she needs to go to the potty, she says it's "gas".
ReplyDeleteI love the video! She's too cute. Congrats on starting the potty training business! I am not there yet, but will probably have lots of questions for you!!
ReplyDelete