Sunday, November 8, 2009

2009 To-Do List, Revisited

It's November already?! I'd better get cracking on my 2009 To-Do List, then. Let's see how I've done so far:

2009 To-Do List
1. Transform Junk Room into Cubby Two's room.
Check!

2. Deliver a healthy Cubby Two, ideally on April 2nd...this is my arbitrarily-chosen delivery date that would make the Cubs exactly 2.5 years apart and narrowly avoid an April Fool's Day delivery. Mostly, check! April 5th was close enough.

3. Potty train Cubby before she is able to change her own diaper...and/or teach her how to change Cubby Two's diaper. Part One...check! Part Two...not so much.

4. Lose enough baby weight by August so as not to still look pregnant upon return to work. Check! (3-ish pounds to go...)

5. Finally read the frickin' Twilight books and see what all the fuss is about. Immediately join bandwagon far too late, or begin by-then-irrelevant mocking of Twilight fans and declare both Edward and Jacob to be total wussies. Check! Read, enjoyed, rooted for Jacob, and still don't get the Edward (and the Robert Pattinson) obsession. Haven't inflicted the movie(s) on myself yet.

6. Plan awesome 35th birthday festivities for Bear...and execute them flawlessly. Hmmm. We went to Disneyland on his birthday and had festivities on Halloween, but I'm not sure they qualified as "awesome" in terms of my execution. There were, for instance, no dancing ladies, no ponies, and no new vehicles in the driveway with giant bows on them. Maybe next year?

7. Finish painting interior of house. Yeah, I'll be adding that to the 2010 To-Do List.

8. Have fun, learn, and be grateful...daily. Check. Ongoing...

Not bad, eh? Sure, I set the bar pretty low, but it's a start. Maybe next year's list will be a bit more ambitious. World peace, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Great list! It makes me feel totally lazy as my list consists of all half-checked stuff. By the way, I'm a total Jacob fan too and I not only not understand the Edward/Pattison obsession, I kinda hate the Bella character too (both book and movie). Though I'm still a big fan. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!