Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving at Grandma and Pap-Pap W's. Before we left, I peeled carrots and cut the ends off green beans, and Keira cheered me on: "Great job, Mommy! Keep going!! Go, Mommy, go! You're really good at cutting green beans!!" Perhaps she'll be a motivational speaker someday. She also took time out from her cheerleading to call Grandma W. on a green bean "phone" to let her know we were almost ready to leave:


Totally her idea. I did not do any drugs while I was pregnant with her, either.

This week marked Uncle Nicholas' move back to Where We Live, after a 3 1/2 year stint in Somewhere On the Complete Opposite Side of the Country. Keira was shy for a grand total of about 5 minutes; now they're best friends, and I hear he helped her plant an M&M in Grandma & Pap-Pap's back yard. If there isn't an M&M tree growing back there the next time we come over, their friendship might hit a rough patch...good luck, Uncle Nick!


Ellie enjoyed a taste of pumpkin pie--I mean, Nutritious Baby Food...


...and then proceeded to charm her way into the laps and hearts of all the men in the family:






And what did Bear and I do? We ate. And ate. And ate. (Well, that last one was mostly just me.) Uggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.



Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Tell Keira to give Silas a call on her green bean phone. They can chat about whether or not Swiper will actually stay off the naughty list for good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute kids! I'm following from MBC. I hope you will check out my blog when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!